ASTRALJUMP

StarCounter

Monday, September 12, 2011

SEPTEMBER 11, 2001-SEPTEMBER 11, 2011 GOD BLESS AMERICA! PART 2

                   "Light is not recognized except through darkness."    Yiddish proverb


I began working many days, both at my workshop and in the gallery as a Salesperson.
It was not really difficult, because I seemed to exist within another realm of existence from day to day and seemed to float through peaceful and quiet times.  Observing very close my new surroundings of the routine of back and forth 7 days a week to and from home and the gallery.  Walking most of the times, seeing each day as I crossed the Brooklyn Bridge that the Twin Towers were now nothing more than a huge fog.  A missing entity which had taken human entities along with it into another world.
Weeks began to past and soon Olga was able to return to the seaport and assist in running the gallery.
My thoughts were more than ever on the idea that soon the gallery as I had known it for so many years would soon have to make its' final farewell due to no longer being able financially to survive this terrible devastation that had occurred. 
Suddenly out of the blue, people from various parts of the world started to call in and seem to be insistent on pulling us all back on our feet.
One of our clients in St. Martin called to say how sad she was at what had transpired and that she wanted to start to put in as many orders as possible for her establishments throughout the Carribbean.  Others called in and did seemingly the same?  And then to my surprise (do not forget, I had not always been present at the gallery in the past and there were others who had acquainted themselves with the customers better than I at the time).
People began walking in to make purchases that would tell me they wanted something to give to either their friends, relatives or even themselves in "remembrance" of those that they had lost in The Twin Towers!  Some said that they had visited the gallery hundreds of times in the past.  There were even those that said they had come with a friend every day during their lunch break to walk around inside the gallery and be peaceful for a bit of time before going back to work.  (Many had worked at Twin Towers)
Then there were the many commissions made by Boyfriends, Girlfriends, Husbands, Wives, Mothers, etc. to be purchased in memory of the loved ones that they had lost during 9/11 in the surrounding areas and outer boroughs. Several hospitals and institutions, not only in New York City commissioned works. Rabbis, Priests, Ministers, etc.
Their faces, their auras, their stories, all were heartbreaking to say the least!  (These were very painful times for both them and myself upon listening to them relay their losses.)
Sometimes I would request a photograph of the person in question that I was to produce the art in memory.  I told them that even though the media that I worked in to do this did not require it, that I wanted to have the photo while doing each one to view while working on the piece.... (I did not mention to them, that in my thoughts, this would bring each individual stronger into my presence during my work).  I was told that many of them had spent hours visiting my gallery.  This would soon come to give me clarity as to THE WHY? for so many months I would sometimes sit at the counter alone in silence and suddenly look up and around the space to see "who?" was inside the gallery, when in physical reality, no one was standing inside?  BUT........There was "someone", many, standing and browsing inside the space.  I just could not "see" them "physically".  Their auras were in abundance on a daily basis!
I began to feel at peace, not only because they were helping to keep the gallery in business/afloat, BUT....I was getting the feeling that I had or was giving something worthwhile to other human beings that made them feel GOOD!  I felt an abundance of LOVE being gifted to me!
More later.............

LOVE AND LIGHT!
Marshall

No comments: