ASTRALJUMP

StarCounter

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

RUBY

Ruby crossed over about 2 years ago now.  She was a very big musical star starting in the late 40's.  She was 94 years old when she left.  She always looked amazing for her age... I mean "really" amazing!  She was also a true DIVA!  What a bitch she could be, ahahahahhaah!  She was also my Aunt, my Father's only living sister since his other sister had died of tuberculosis at a very young age.  (She supposedly was more of an intellectual and was about to begin teaching at a University).  I do not remember her, but they say I took my first steps as a baby to her open arms.
Ruby started out as a radio personality singing with big bands.  From there she traveled with a big band and arrived in New York City from Virginia.  She was a stunningly beautiful young woman and soon became the comparison to a famous star named, LENA HORNE. 
I remember walking with my Mother is various department stores and continuously asking the question, every time I saw an ad displayed for a product especially for women, IS THAT RUBY?  Sometimes my Mother would say, NO, THAT IS LENA HORNE.  I was always thrilled when she replied, OH YES, THAT ONE IS RUBY!  In a very short time, Ruby soon was chosen over hundreds of other women to take a part in a new Broadway musical that Lena Horne had turned down.  Appearing in this musical play, ST. LOUIS WOMAN, she became an overnight sensation.  It was produced by the motion picture company, MGM, so therefore her next step was on to Hollywood to be considered for various motion pictures.... none of which she actually ended up getting due to various technical reasons etc.  She seemed unbothered by it, due to the fact that she was most interested in continuing to appear in major nightclubs throughout the world.  During that era, Nightclubs were not only in Las Vegas, but in New York City and all over the world.
Ruby was a very funny woman to me as I grew extremely close to her and wanted to know everything about her career and travels.  She was totally a riot when it came to her personality.  Only I in our family could really relate to her well and understand and love her life!  (Most of my family was not really nice to her in that they just did not understand her ways).
She was so funny.  She would have meetings with Bud Abbott and Lou Costello the famous comedians and actors and not know who they were, Aahahahhahaha!  I remember her telling me about meeting Judy Garland and finding her to be a strange person.  She told me about her encounters with Frank Sanatra and Tony Bennett and refer to them as very "naughty men".  She was sooooo innocent and sheltered in spite of the fact that she was so difficult and impossible.  Many opportunities presented to her were lost due to the fact that the many producers' sexual advances towards her were never tolerated. (I would laugh for hours when she described to me in graphic detail their sexual overtures!)  She married my Uncle Bob as a teenager and he was considered the the only man in her life, for his entire life and hers.... He died shortly before she did.
As I grew up I became incredibly close to her.... we talked for hours daily.  Either on the phone or in person.  She had an amazing figure and never went out of the house without tons of make-up and over-the-top clothes.
As an adult I remember telling a friend from England who was a motion picture costume designer about her and he demanded to meet her in person.  I arranged it and myself and he and several other friends met she and my Uncle Bob at a club one evening for drinks.  (Oh, by the way, Ruby did not smoke, drink or use profanity and was very, very, overly, RELIGIOUS!)  Anyway, we were all at a table talking when suddenly Ruby asked my friend from England, how did he "see" her as a personality and some advice on dressing etc.  
I immediately wanted to crawl under the table as he very clearly blurted out to her face to face, I SEE YOU AS A COMPLETE SLUT!!!  THE VISION OF A PERFECT PROSTITUTE!!! 
I could not believe Ruby's reaction to his comments.  She seemed to be as a child who had just been told she was going to be given an ice cream cone!  She just kept replying, YES, YES, YES, I LOVE IT!  THAT IS WONDERFUL FOR ME! YES, YES, YES!
Ruby was such an amazing woman without really knowing it.  Her personality seemed to just jump out at people and they would be in awe of her.......I remember just about every friend, especially males, going crazy over being in her presence.  I remember various producers and celebrities that she would introduce me to that would appear mesmerize by her personality.
Sometimes I would think that young people would act very unimpressed by her, but I was always wrong.  Young people were just fascinated by her and I really did see men of all ages, make over her as if she were a Goddess!  Some men would act like they had just seen a ghost when they met her and walked passed.  To this day, I still laughed to myself when I think about her and my past together.  I always had the strangest feelings about her existence..... I always would question to myself, is Ruby supernatural or something?  She often said to me that she wanted to live in the physical forever!  And what was really strange to me is that I seemed to start to wonder to myself sometimes, CAN RUBY REALLY DIE LIKE ALL HUMANS?  I was beginning to believe more and more that she had some secret about life that I just could not put my finger on???
Next I will relay how I "saw" her crossing over during an OBE. 

More later,
Love and Light!

Marshall

No comments: